The Century Green Initiative includes the following:
- Housekeeping linen program: guests have the option to turndown daily towel and linen changes.
- Recycling of all plastic, glass and paper products.
- Blue recycling bins in all guestrooms.
- Participating in the Vancouver Aquariums Ocean Wise program.
- Using local, sustainable food products as much as possible.
- Installing energy efficient shower heads and lighting.
- Eliminating plastic water bottles in beyond restaurant & lounge by using a filtered water system for both still and sparkling waters.
- Re-using old menus and print-outs as scrap paper by staff instead of purchasing notebooks.
- 100% non smoking hotel, reducing the amount of chemical air fresheners needed.
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning products throughout the hotel and restaurant as much as possible.
- Guest room amenities are 100% organic.
- We now use a 100% chemical-free commercial cleaning system in all rooms.
Along with the above list we also offer our guests the following options to help do their part:
Guestroom Amenity Recycling Program
We have partnered with Clean the World, a nonprofit foundation, on their soap recycling program. This program collects soap and shampoo products from hospitality partners and recycles, re-batching and sanitizes them. These products are then distributed internationally to individuals that would otherwise not have these items, such as local shelters and third world countries.
We also offer full size guestroom amenities for purchase for those guests who whist to leave their soaps and shampoos behind to have them donated.
Housekeeping Green Initiative
Guests have the option to turn down their daily housekeeping service, saving on energy, water and reducing the use of chemicals. As a thank you a $5 credit is provided to use at either beyond coffee, beyond restaurant & lounge or absolute spa. Guests can also choose to have their credit donated to Mission Possible, the local Clean the World partner.
We are always open to new green ideas, if you have any green suggestions or programs that might work for us,
please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org