The family-owned and operated Century Plaza Hotel and Spa provides guests with a home-away-from-home ambience, in the very center of downtown Vancouver.
Book direct and be guaranteed our best available rates.
Subscribe to our occasional newsletter for special offers!
Does Absence Make the Heart Grow Fonder?
Do you know what I miss?
- Family Gatherings
- Concerts and live entertainment
- Hockey / Football / Soccer / Baseball
- Having to dodge crowds of tourists in the summertime
- Going to C|Prime before an event or for dinner.
Remember February? That time when you did whatever you wanted. No worry of getting sick or making someone else sick. It’s easy to stay in your bubble. To take away the things once considered ordinary makes you miss those precious times. Like many, I am thinking of all the great things in my life that I have taken for granted.
- Family Gatherings. I have a big family. My spouse has an even bigger family. We used to be able to drive to Agassiz , my hometown, for a BBQ with my family. We would take the Skytrain to Surrey to get together with the other side of the family and practice singing and playing music. I especially miss getting together with our adult kids for some excellent food and laughs. I am lucky to have family that live in my neighbourhood. Kicking off the weekend at happy hour with them was a great way to spend a Friday evening. I miss that.
Zoom Family meetings are great, but just not the same…READ THE FULL POST